Primary Section Ganesh festival 1st September 2016
This morning we celebrated the festival of Ganesh we told the children how this festival originated and is celebrated in the month of Bhadra of the Hindu Calendar and Who Is Lord Ganesha? Ganesha is the first son of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati. He is considered as the “First God” in Hindu mythology.
• The name of Ganesha is derived from two different Sanskrit words: “isha”, meaning Lord and “gana” meaning group. Hence, Ganesha is considered as the God of masses.
• Ganesha can be spotted in different postures such as lying, enjoying a candy, dancing or riding on a mouse
Children heard songs on : Oh! My friend Ganesha
Teachers planned many ACTIVITIES like
1. Drawing/Colouring for Std I and II
2. Making mask
3. Decorating an Aarti Plate
4. Making flowers
5. Making Laddoos
6. Leaf transfer
8. Letter writing to Ganpati Bappa for everything you have got
9 Resourse person called
Grandparent to talk about the festival
Invite the students maid servant to tell us more
10 Show Videos how to make An Idol
11 Making of clay Ganesha. … can you please tell me how to prepare that mud clay?.
12 Making a collage with newspaper cut outs
Children enjoyed themselves and enjoyed eating lots of sweets.We also had Akshat for II B who dressed as Ganesha